>> Monday, September 7, 2009
Ten Things We Waste
(based on a lesson of Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah)
1. --Our Knowledge-- Wasted by not taking action with it.
2. --Our Actions-- Wasted by committing them with out sincerity.
3. --Our Wealth-- Wasted by using on things that will not bring us
ajr. We waste our money, our status, our authority, on things which
have no benefit in this life or in akhirah.
4. --Our Hearts-- Wasted because they are empty from the love of
Allah, and the feeling of longing to go to Him, and a feeling of peace
and contentment. In it's place, our hearts are filled with something
or someone else.
5. --Our Bodies-- Wasted because we don't use them in ibadah and
service of Allah
6. --Our Love-- Our emotional love is misdirected, not towards Allah,
but towards something/someone else.
7. --Our Time-- Wasted, not used properly, to compensate for that
which has passed, by doing what is righteous to make up for past deeds
8. --Our Intellect-- Wasted on things that are not beneficial, that
are detremental to society and the individual, not in contemplation or
9. --Our Service-- Wasted in service of someone who will not bring us
closer to Allah, or benefit in dunyaa
10. --Our Dhikr-- Wasted, because it does not effect us or our hearts.